07/05/2011

Disabled Computer Aid - Dragon Naturally Speaking

Just popping in a quick entry to share my experiences of voice activation and dictation systems.

Many years ago I purchased and tried a voice-activation system, it drove me up the wall and simply made me frustrated. So it threw it to the back of the cupboard. It took me some persuading with a friend, constantly telling me how much they had improved, so I dived in, brushed the mothballs out of my wallet and purchased DragonDictate aka Dragon Naturally Speaking.

All I can say is I'm totally and utterly amazed by the system, I am able to use the keyboard, but after typing for several hours a day as I often do, I find myself in pain and not really wanting to continue. You can not only write in Microsoft Word, and all online applications such as this one, but you can also have complete control of your PC, example, you can open and close programmes and basically do just about everything you can with a mouse.

What may surprise you, is the fact that I'm writing this entire article using DragonDictate, okay, I've made a few mistakes, but that's mainly due to the fact that I've only had the software for less than 48 hours.

I'd also like to hear from others that have the programme and have been using it for some time.

Right, so that's my hands freed up and probably saved a few bob in the process by not having to forever replace the keyboard that seems to constantly be having the letters wearing away.

Here is a YouTube video clip that will amaze you. I'm also including a link to purchase it by Amazon, if you don't believe me how good it is. You really need to try it! Trust me, I'm a guy that doesn't like spending money and I take some persuading!!

I'm getting to the age now where I have decided to try to make my life easier wherever possible, why not do the same and get Dragon Dictate today and take the hassle out of typing!


2 comments:

  1. That software truely does sound amazing! I may have to try it myself. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds corny but this really is an amazing piece of kit and well worth a try.

    Would love to hear from others that have DragonDictate and liked me use it on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete